Getting Ready for Vandal Friday
Make the most of your visit. Come prepared.
Keep the following things in mind as you get ready for Vandal Friday.
Please note: there is a $50 student participation fee* to attend Vandal Friday.
What to Do
- Set up your VandalWeb and Vandal Mail accounts. These electronic accounts are your lifeline to the University. In fact, you will not be able to sign up for Vandal Friday until you activate these important accounts. Simply follow the easy step-by-step account setup instructions. Be sure to write down your username and password information, keep it in a safe place and bring it with you to campus during the event. You’ll need your username and password to register for classes. Please note that this is sensitive information; please do not share your information.
- Sign up for Vandal Friday. After you set up your Vandal Accounts, use the online event registration form to reserve your space at Vandal Friday. Reservations for the event are required.
- Confirm your major. Your acceptance letter lists the major we have on record for you. If your interests have changed or you need to make a correction, contact the Admissions Office at (208) 885-6326. This ensures you will be advised appropriately during the event. If you are unsure about your major, explore the 140+ options using Degree Finder.
- Explore on-campus living. Visit the Admitted Students website to learn about your wide range of on-campus living options. This will help you narrow down your choices during your visit.
- Know what a typical first semester looks like. We don’t expect you to know your exact classes or schedule, but it’s helpful to have a general idea. A typical first semester schedule should include two to three General Education Courses (University Core Requirements) and one to two Introductory Courses in your major.
* Please note that the participation fee only includes student accommodations on campus. There are many local hotel accommodations available for parents and visitors. This fee is non-refundable.
What to Bring
- Vandal Account information. Be sure to write down and bring your username, pin#, and passwords for your VandalWeb and Vandal Mail accounts so you can register. This is sensitive information, so keep it safe.
- Your University of Idaho admitted student packet and letter of acceptance. We will begin sending out admitted student packets mid January.
- Your ACT/SAT scores for Math and English placement. The scores on your exam will help you and your adviser determine the correct math or English class for which you should register.
- A list of your unanswered questions. Develop a list of questions you hope to get answered during your visit to campus.
- Photo ID. You’ll need this to get your Vandal Card (your official student I.D.). Note: only government-issued id cards that have not expired will be accepted.
- An open mind. It’s helpful if you come with a general idea about what your first semester might look like, but it’s important to remain flexible. Our advising experts are prepared to help you choose the best classes and schedule that will help you reach your goals.
- Appropriate gear. This checklist of items to bring will help you pack.
Office of Admissions
firstname.lastname@example.org toll free: 1-88-88-UIDAHO fax: (208) 885-4477 Student Union Building P.O. Box 444253 Moscow, ID 83844-4253