VMB banner


2013 Band Camp!

Future Member Info






Pep Bands

School Songs

History Project


General Questions

aaronDoes every band members really get a SCHOLARSHIP?

YES! All band members receive a scholarship. First year members receive $300 per year. Returning members receive $400 per year. The basketball band members receive additional scholarships.

Where does the band practice? What if it snows?

We practice inside the ASUI Kibbie Dome. It is our university's INDOOR football stadium. Regardless of the weather outside it is always 70 degrees and sunny.

Does the band perform at all the home games?

field2YES. The band performs pregame, halftime, and occasionally postgame shows. We also perform in the stands during the games.

Does the band travel to any away games?

YES. The band usually goes on one major trip each fall. We often travel to an away game such as Boise State or the University of Montana. Occasionally we travel to other venues such as NFL games (Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers) and CFL games (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver).

colorguardIs there a COLOR GUARD or FLAG TEAM?

YES! The band's color guard is an active section that specializes in flag maneuvers and dance routines. Good coordination and previous experience are a plus! Contact the color guard instructor for more details.


Go back to other questions


Contact Us:
Vandal Marching Band
School of Music, Box 444015
Moscow, ID 83844-4015
Phone: 208-885-4129
Email: band@uidaho.edu

Member Login | Join the Band | Scholarship Questions | Contact Us
VMB Home | Alumni Band | School of Music | UI Home

©2013 University of Idaho. All rights reserved.