As with any activity, class, or what-have-you, there will always be rules. In this case, following the rules makes it easier for me to contact you, grade your work, or follow your train of thought in a discussion thread.
Since digital based communication is becoming more of the way business is conducted day-to-day, it is time to establish some appropriate email protocol habits. Please follow the email title guidelines below.
- You must check email daily. This is our primary form of communication.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date in the University of Idaho system.
- All emails must be appropriately titled either with the Chapter number or other indication of the email’s content.
- All issues not related to an assignment or Chapter should be sent in a separate email with an appropriate title.
- It is your responsibility as a class member to make sure your email is working properly. If your email is not working, please let me know as soon as possible... by calling me.
- Make sure your emails with attached files are actually sent when you hit the send button. Wait until the email completely leaves your outbox before walking away. Your assignment will be late if I do not receive it in time… even if you think you sent it in time.*
- You can always turn in an assignment or project ahead of the due date.
* Do not wait until the day an assignment is due to complete it and send it.