Accommodations and dining
The cutoff date for changing housing reservations is 24 May.
There are several options for lodging on and off campus during the Evolution 2009 meetings. Dining options include a conference meal plan (below), or a variety of restaurants on campus and in nearby downtown Moscow [PDF].
Conference attendees can choose from several reasonably-priced meal plans with their registration, which supplement the picnic and hors d'oeuvres provided for everyone as part of the conference. Meal plans are optional, but we strongly recommend purchasing a plan as the most convenient option given the conference schedule. Three plans are offered:
- Four breakfasts and four lunches for $65
- Three breakfasts and three lunches for $50
- Four lunches for $35
Off campus lodging
Moscow offers a range of hotels as well as bed and breakfast establishments within comfortable walking distance of campus. Two hotels have offered special rates for meeting participants. Below we list those in closest proximity, and one hotel in Pullman (~10 km away) offering special rates.
Best Western University Inn. Special rate offered to those who mention the conference, available only by phone. 1516 W. Pullman Road, Moscow, ID 83843. Phone 1 (208) 882-0550 or 1 (800) 325-8765.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. Special rate offered to those who mention the conference, available only by phone. 1190 S.E. Bishop Boulevard, Pullman, WA 99163. Phone 1 (509) 334-4437.
La Quinta Inn. 185 Warbonnet Drive, Moscow, ID 83843. Phone 1 (208) 882-5365.
Super 8 Motel. 175 Peterson Drive, Moscow, ID 83843. Phone 1 (208) 883-1503 or 1 (800) 800-8000.
Palouse Inn. 101 Baker Street, Moscow, ID 83843. Phone 1 (208) 882-5511 or 1 (888) 882-5511.
There are also a number of nice bed and breakfast establishments in Moscow, mostly in the downtown area a few blocks from campus.
- Sixth Street Retreat, 441 E. Sixth St., Moscow, ID 83843. 1 (208) 669-0763
- Peterson Barn Guesthouse, 841/847 Travois Way, Moscow ID, 83843. 1 (208) 882-4620.
- Little Guesthouse on Adams, 1020 S. Adams St., Moscow, ID 83843. 1 (208) 669-1654.
On campus lodging
Dormitory housing within 5 minutes' walk from all major meeting venues will be available as part of registration (coming in February). Options are available in one of two residence halls, the Living Learning Community (LLC) and the Wallace Residence Center. The prices listed include linens (light blanket, sheet, pillow with case, towel, and washcloth), but there is no maid service. Both residence halls are within walking distance of on-campus convenience stores, and vending machines are located throughout the residence halls. The University of Idaho campus also features coffee shops, delis, a campus bookstore and a new state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center. The hours of these campus facilities vary by the school term and may or may not be open during your stay.
- Each university residence room features ethernet Internet access. Conference participants may register their computers' MAC addresses with the University of Idaho RESNET technicians upon registration for campus housing.
- Participants wishing to use the Student Recreation Center must purchase a guest pass, available at the SRC front desk.
- Residence Hall space is very limited so please make your reservation request as far in advance as possible.
As of 27 April, all available rooms in the LLC have been reserved.
The Living Learning Community (LLC) is the newest residence hall and each building consists of four-bedroom suites. Each suite includes a common sink/toilet/shower and lounge area, which is shared between the participants in each suite. The participant rooms within the suites feature a twin bed, wardrobe closet, desk, dresser, and a wired Ethernet connection. The LLC buildings all feature a full kitchen and lounge on the ground floor. Individuals requesting a single room in the LLC will be sharing a four-bedroom suite with other conference participants of the same gender.
- Single bed (within a suite): $30/night
- Double (two beds within a suite): $50/night
- Whole suite (four beds): $100/night
Wallace Residence Center
The Wallace Residence Center consists of two-room suites. Each suite sleeps four people and the suite shares a common bathroom/toilet/shower. The rooms of the suite are joined by a non-locking door and each room features two desks, Internet connections, and a vanity/sink area. Individuals requesting a single room in the Wallace Residence Center will be sharing a suite with another conference participant of the same gender.
- Single bed (within a suite): $25/night
- Double (two beds within a suite): $45/night
- Whole suite (four beds): $80/night